Eddy current testing and the principles can be used for the following engineering applications:
- Material sorting – mix up of various grade of materials either chemically different or variation in mechanical properties or metallurgically difference in structures can sorted using Eddy current testing equipment's.
- Surface and subsurface flaw detection in conducting materials. Flaws could be cracks, laminations, and other discontinuities that can be detrimental to the product performance.
- Conductivity testing for metals.
- Accurate measurement of Coating thickness with Eddy current testing. The coating can be conductive or non-conductive with few limitations on the accuracy of the measurements.
- This NDT inspection method can also be used for thickness testing and measurement of especially low thicknesses of conductive materials where there is a restriction on using Ultrasonic thickness gauging due to component configuration or the quantum of inspection. Eddy current inspections can be either contact or non-contact type tests.
- Eddy current testing is an effective means of verification of integrity of structures and estimation of corrosion damages for heat exchanger tubes. Routine in-service maintenance inspections using Eddy current techniques yield reliable data for analysis and condition monitoring of plants and structures.
We at 'Speco Alloys Inc' provide reliable and dependable services on Eddy current testing fine tuned to the client needs with our expert team of NDT Level II, III professionals and state of art equipment's & approved NDT testing procedures that meets national and international standards. We can perform Eddy current inspection both in-house and onsite inspections. Contact Speco Alloys Inc for more information on your NDT inspection, training and certification, welding inspection and other quality control needs.